Photography workshops 2019
I’m delighted to be running this series of workshops at Hitchin Lavender for the third year running. Not only will you learn to take better photos – you’ll be proud of your own photos. These workshops are aimed at those wishing to improve their existing photography skills. We hang out in a purpose built cabin/classroom alongside the tranquil and beautiful setting of the Lavender Farm at Hitchin Lavender, Cadwell farm. There’s some classroom stuff, but lots of getting out and taking photos too. The setting and flowers changes each week, so if you want advice on which date to come, just ask.
I have been photographing at Hitchin lavender for over 10 years and I loved running these sessions since 2017. In 2019 I was awarded Best Photographer Herts & Beds by Muddy Stilletos. I love teaching and encouraging others. If you are familiar with your camera but are keen to get more out of it, this is for you! Want want to push your photography up a notch? Book a place. Ticket price is £60, all inclusive no additional booking fees or charges at the farm.
Click on this link for dates that you can book
We are all friends! Afterwards there is support and help with your photos and critique on what you took, if you want it. We have a facebook group for bouncing ideas of each other and sharing the photos taken.
- Getting the most out of your camera
- What makes a good subject
- Understanding composition
- Making aperture work for you
- How to make the most of the lighting
- Making a cohesive set of images that will show your photography skills off
- I will be doing a live portrait demonstration plus there will be lots of opportunities for you to take some photos too. I will help along the way, so feel free to dress comfortably for exploring, but nice too! (we all take photos of each other, so be ready for a nice new profile photo).
- continued support – I want to be able to help you all, and we will work together to try and push ourselves creatively! I cant wait to meet you
Previous attendees have been hobbyists, semi professionals, students (college and school) and wedding photographers. If you are in any doubt, just email me!
“The small size of the group was perfect, nice to get to know some of the other people, and also not Too many people that it was difficult to ask questions”
“The Facebook group for post session was a great idea too, really nice to see photos from other participants, even from different sessions. Really interesting to see the differing results from the same location which again provided more food for thought for my own photos. 5 stars all round!!”
“The location was stunning, venue facilities excellent and Sharon was a great tutor. Highly recommended!”
“It was a great course, increased my confidence in using my camera settings and I learned so much”
“The location was fantastic and I love how we learned little tips and tricks that the books don’t teach you”
“I didn’t want it to end…”